I don’t know if you have noticed but I am trying to get myself back onto the makeup bandwagon. This is going to be one of the best places for me to start. I used to LOVE all things makeup. My love for it has just dwindled away, somewhere. I am really trying to reignite this spark, which is why I am starting with this makeup questions post.
How many times do you wash your face daily?
- People wash their face daily? I only wash my face when I wash my hair. I HATE having water on my face for a start. Plus, I don’t put any products on my face daily. The only time is when I apply makeup – which isn’t that often nowadays!
What skin type do you have?
- Dry skin. I have always suffered from dry skin, it’s actually really annoying!
What is your current facial wash?
- Actually, I think I am using the Aldi knock off of the Simple Face Wash. It’s the brand Lacura.
Do you exfoliate?
- Nope, am I supposed too?
What brand do you use?
- Well, I don’t?
What moisturiser do you use?
- I have so many, but at the moment I am just using my E45 cream. Everything else seems to be giving me a rash recently, so it’s back to basics for the next couple of months.
Do you use eye cream?
- Again, something I don’t do. I used to use it pretty regularly but I didn’t feel it was doing much for me.
Do you have freckles?
- I never used too but my partner keeps telling me I have a few faint ones.
Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
- I have only ever had about 3 spots that I can actually pop! My skin has always been very good to me in regards to that.
Did you ever have to use pro-active?
- Nope. I just didn’t feel the need for it.
What foundation do you use?
- Currently, the one I have open is actually a Primark one. I am loving it!
- Collection Lasting Perfection always!
Do you know your undertone colour?
- I heard you can tell this by the veins on your wrist. I have actually got blue and purple undertones on the veins, which I think means it’s neutral?
What do you think of fake eyelashes?
- They are SO hard too put on! I feel like they are a lot of effort for what it is worth. Although, when I see people with them on, that have applied them correctly, they look amazing! I just haven’t quite got the technique right yet.
Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
- Yes, I am aware of that. Do I do it? Nope!
What brand of mascara do you use?
- I am loving the B. mascara at the moment. Although *linking back to the last question* I am in need of a new one. It has been open for a fairly long time now.
Sephora or Mac?
- MAC I am completely against because of animal testing. Sephora? I have actually NEVER tried.
Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
- Definitely not.
What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
- To apply my foundation it’s always the B. Beauty Sponges. I do also use brushes for some of my cream products – my cream contour and highlight, I find the finished look much smoother when I use a brush. Eyelash curlers are a tool as well right? As well as tape and a makeup wipe (well, normally a wet wipe to be honest). I need to get that flick on point one way or another.
Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
- I always use a primer for my eyelids, they are so dry! I don’t know how well the product would go on without one.
For the face?
- Always! Again, my skin is so dry the makeup would just cling without one.
What is your favourite eyeshadow (colour or shade)?
- Revolution Makeup is killing the game with their eyeshadows! I have always been a massive fan of them. I love the brown shade they have in their Iconic 2 Palette – I just can’t find the single anywhere!
Do you use a pencil or liquid eyeliner?
- Is an appropriate answer to this question both?
How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
- Yeah, that happens quite a lot! The joy of being clumsy I suppose.
What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
- The end look is beautiful! I just don’t use them, there is too much mess that can be made. Again, I am clumsy!
Do you use mineral makeup?
- I don’t really know what that means.
What is your favourite lipstick?
- I’m much more of a nude girl. I love a good brown based nude colour.
How about lipgloss?
- Studio London lip glosses are my favourite.
What is your favourite blush to use?
- I just don’t get excited about blush, I never really use it. If I had to choose one though, it would be one in the Revolution Blush Palette.
Do you buy your makeup on eBay?
- No, I did once, it gave me a rash. That was the end of my makeup purchasing on eBay.
Do you like drugstore makeup?
- ALWAYS! I feel high-end is just over-priced.
Do you go to CCO’s? (cosmetic company outlets)?
- I don’t think I have ever been to one. I just like my local Superdrug, Boots and my online shops!
Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
- I would like too. Whether or not I would benefit though, I just feel they are so general. If I was to do one I would want to do a one-on-one
Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
- I am clumsy at everything.
Name a makeup crime that you hate?
- Noticeably overlined lips and when foundation doesn’t match their skin.
Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
- I love the colourful looks! It’s just something I don’t do that often anymore. I would rather have a more natural look. Colourful looks are something I am really wanting to get back into though – Keep an eye out!
Which celebrity always has great makeup?
- Almost all of them! I love Blake Lively, Holly Willoughby, Kendall Jenner and Demi Lovato just to name a few.
If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
- Brow Pencil.
Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
- I always do, I work with no makeup on. Extra 20 minutes in bed or makeup application? Bed wins every time.
Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
- No. Wearing makeup makes me feel so much more confident, but I am a tired girl.
In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
What do you think of Makeup??
- It can bring the best out in people, their most confident self. I love how it can be used widely. Every single person uses it in a different way. I just love it and miss being part of the makeup community.