Welcome to this little two-part series. I wanted to show you the things I have packed in my bag for the hospital, ready for the birth of my little baby. I have scheduled this for just 3 days before my due date! 3 Days! How scary does that sound?! Obviously, I have this scheduled ahead of time, so anything could have happened.
Today, I want to share with you the items I have packed in the hospital bag for me personally. I feel like I have more things in there than the baby, but that’s the way it is I suppose. I need much more caring for than he does?
- Snacks. I don’t know how long I am going to be in the hospital but I do know that I get hungry very quickly. I am hoping that I will be able to have a few snacks throughout.
- Lucozade. Energy drinks are not a very good idea so, throughout the pregnancy, I have been drinking the next best thing. Lucozade. At least I will be able to get some energy through the drinks if I haven’t got time for the snacks. Plus, they taste nice.
- Blanket. I know I am probably not going to have this during the birth. It’s just something from home to make it feel a little homier, making me feel a bit more at ease. I am such a home girl, I love my home, being away from it does make me nervous if I am honest. So something to make me feel a little less anxious, I am all about that.
- Fluffy Socks. Another thing for me to feel a little less anxious. I like soft things, what can I say? At least these will actually serve a purpose though. Not having any trousers on might make me a bit cold. So I can have my socks to keep me a little warmer.
- Breast Pads. I am not sure how I am going to feed yet, whether I want to breast or bottle feed. Either way, my boobs are going to produce some milk. To avoid leaking on everything I wear I have packed some disposable breast pads.
- Sanitary Towels. I didn’t even know maternity pads were a thing till I needed them! I have the whole packet in my bag. Again, I don’t know how many I will need but it’s better to have too many than not enough.
- Toiletries; Deodorant, Body Wash, Toothbrush, Hairbands. Just to try and get some normalcy back after giving birth. I will have a shower/bath and hopefully, feel a little better with my own toiletries. Plus, I don’t want to be in overnight and not have a toothbrush with me!
- Hand Gel. I have packed this because you can never be too careful. Plus, if I do manage to eat I don’t want to be getting up just to wash my hands when there is the convenience of hand sanitizer.
- Home Clothes. I have just a pair of leggings, that fit me now, and a top to come home in. I have spoken to many people who have advised to wear loose fitted clothing, something that fits while you are pregnant. You don’t lose the bump straight away!
- Entertainment; Book, Phone, Chargers. I don’t know how long I am going to be in the hospital. Of course, my phone and charger are coming with me. But for times I don’t want to be staring a screen I have a book, it’s an easy read that I have read before. It makes time go so much quicker as well, being engrossed in a book.