I am due tomorrow, as you are reading this! I have scheduled this in advance, just in case anything happens, so who knows whether I have had him or not yet. But, my due date is just tomorrow.
What better time for me to share with you the items I have packed in the hospital bag, for the baby?! If you missed the first of the two-part series, then click here to see what I packed for myself.
As the title suggests, this is all the things I have in the hospital bag ready for baby.
- Baby Bottles. I am still unsure as to whether I want to breastfeed or bottlefeed. Just in case I have some bottles, pre-sterilised, for if I either decide I want to bottle feed or if breastfeeding just isn’t for me. I know it’s not for everyone. These ones I purchased from Mothercare. I had never heard of them before but they are such a good idea! Saves having to worry about sterilising bottles, if I even have to take them in. Some people have said to me the hospital will provide them, but I am not 100% sure on that!
- Nappies. Again, something only some people have told me that they provide. I don’t want to risk not having any at the hospital. In case they don’t provide them I have packed a few.
- Wet Wipes. Now, this was a controversial one. Apparently, (This is just word of mouth, so I don’t know how true this is) hospitals like you to use cotton wool and warm water, but that is not happening. I can’t stand the feel of cotton wool. So, I am going to be using wet wipes. I have a smaller pack, I believe it came in one of my ‘Emma’s Diary’ packs; If you haven’t signed up to that I would definitely take a look at it! It’s worth it! I’ll leave the link here I have actually read quite a lot on there, it’s rather helpful.
- Hat. I am led to believe that as soon as babies are born they put a hat straight on them. Obviously, they are not used to being ‘outside the womb’ so they will be cold. To avoid losing too much heat they put a hat straight on them.
- Muslin Squares. A staple in every single changing bag, whether it is the hospital one or not. I have packed two because you can never have enough of these things! They can be used as blankets, bibs, swaddles, pretty much anything. I have a plain one and a Dumbo one – Read on for his coming home clothes!
- Scratch Mittens. Another staple in any changing bag.
- Coming Home Clothes. This, I feel I have too many outfits. But you can’t predict the size of them when they come home. I have one outfit sized ‘Newborn’ and one ‘0-3m’ because I just don’t know which one is going to fit. Plus, the Dumbo one is the one he will be leaving the hospital in. The other white ones are just for when we are actually in the hospital; I don’t mind throwing those ones out. I know how messy birthing can be!