If you didn’t already know, I am completely obsessed not just with Zoflora but cleaning in general. This late stage of pregnancy has completely taken over me, leaving me with the need to clean everything. If you didn’t see the first post in this little cleaning series, make sure you head over to see my Home Bargains Haul to see what products I picked up to clean the whole of my flat.
Today though, I want to share with you my favourite uses for the ever-so-famous Zoflora product.
What is Zoflora?
‘With over 90 years of home hygiene experience, Zoflora Concentrated Disinfectant continues to be a firm favourite in UK households to keep the family safe from harmful bacteria. The versatile, 3 in 1 action formula kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses that can cause illness and create bad odours. The fragrant solution offers all day freshness and fills your home with a beautiful long lasting scent.’ – Zoflora.co.uk
So, basically. It is a disinfectant that can be used on most surfaces, safely. In many different scents, there is something there for everyone – I actually used their scent finder online, which was a bit of fun. I am yet to purchase the one they recommended me; That’s only because I can’t find it!
My ‘perfect scent’ was SweetPea. Find out yours here! If you do the quiz, let me know what your perfect scent is, I would love to know!
How do you use it?
You can either dilute the product with water or you can use it straight from the bottle. It can be used on hard surfaces as well as on the softer ones. Basically, it is a one-stop product anti-bacterial for your whole house.
My favourite uses
- Before bed fill the sink with warm water, adding a few drops of Zoflora. It will disinfect the sink and make the kitchen smell amazing. You can then grab a cloth and use the water to wipe down the taps and draining board.
- Spray the bin lid, and wipe with a cloth. *Soak a piece of kitchen roll with a few drops of concentrated Zoflora, place at the bottom of your bin before placing the bin bag. This will keep the bin smelling clean and fresh.
- Add a few drops into the washing machine, when washing towels or blankets. Not only will the items come out smelling amazing but you are also cleaning the washing machine at the same time.
- Dilute with water, put into a spray bottle and you’ve got an on-hand disinfectant for the sides and appliances – yes! It is safe for the appliances too.
- Use a larger scale of the diluted solution, with hot water instead of warm. Put it into a bucket and use to wash the floors with. *If you’re using a steamer do not put the Zoflora inside the mop itself, it will break it!
- Sprinkle a few drops of concentrated Zoflora onto the carpet before vacuuming.
- After you have vacuumed the carpets you can spray, diluted, onto the carpets for a little extra freshness.
- When washing your bedding you can add into the washing machine, like mentioned before. You can also spray, diluted, onto the mattress. This will make your mattress smell amazing, plus disinfect it. How many germs do you think are on that?!
- Using your diluted spray you can spray onto all the windowsills, bedside table, makeup table, wardrobe ect…
- Put a few drops onto some kitchen roll, place in the corner of your wardrobe. So, every time you open it you can smell the freshness.
- Use the diluted spray on your windows and mirrors for a streak-free finish.
- Pour it, concentrated, down the plugs and toilets.
- Squirt a few drops into the bottom of your toilet brush holder. How much nicer will that smell?
- Remove your showerhead soaking it in a diluted solution of Zoflora and water. This will remove the limescale build up. Make sure you rinse the shower head before your next shower! As much as we love Zoflora we don’t want to be bathing in it.
- Again, you can use this on the surfaces of your bathroom. The toilet lid, sink, taps and the walls. *Don’t forget the toilet flush – think how many germs are on that!
- Again, add some drops to a piece of kitchen roll to put at the bottom of your bin.
- You can even add a few drops into the cardboard of your toilet paper. It will be moved in the air every time you use the paper and will scent your bathroom until the paper is gone.
- Add a few drops to the rug before vacuuming. Or you can use the diluted spray after vacuuming, or both!
- Spraying the diluted solution onto remotes and wiping with a cloth will kill all those germs on there.
- Diluted, you can use this on the softer things in your house. I like to spray it on the sofas, cushions, curtains and blankets.
- Also, you can spray it onto the hard surfaces; The tables, chairs, windows, cabinets etc…
- Add a few, concentrated, drops into the potpourri leaving the living room smelling fresh and floral.
- Pour some into the bottom of an empty reed diffuser for some extra scent in the home.